Jobs & Recruitment
PYP/DP Librarian Berlin - Immediate Opening
I am posting the following new librarian position information on
behalf of Berlin Cosmopolitan School:
Berlin Cosmopolitan School has an opening for
a Librarian for Grades 1-12 (IB PYP, IB DP and Abitur)
- Plan, organise and implement all aspects of the day-to-day running of the school library.
- Support students and teachers in developing media literacy skills in all subjects.
- As Librarian you will help curate resources and materials and teach lessons to develop media literacy in grades 1 to 12, PYP, DP and Abitur.
- You will also support teachers in developing their media literacy skills and materials for teaching and learning.
- You will have a passion for reading and media literacy and will be up-to-date with the research about how students learn best in today’s connected, creative and collaborative learning environments.
- You will have a keen interest in promoting the use of the library and online and offline library resources to the school community.
- Highly qualified educator who caters to students’ individual needs.
- Experience as a librarian, preferably along with a MLS, MLIS, or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in IB PYP or IB DP, in a similar role in international schools.
- Experience with Koha ILS and SubjectsPlus curation platform considered a plus.
- Energetic and internationally-minded.
- A genuine interest and experience in active use of technology and curate resources to facilitate student learning.
- High level of initiative, willing to work in an ambitious and dynamic school.
- Team player, resilient, positive & growth mindset.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues alike.
- Commitment to academic excellence is matched by a belief in educating the whole person.
Original post found here: https://www.cosmopolitanschool.de/careers/